Monday, April 24, 2006

Australia

14 Apr - 20 Apr

Went to Adelaide, Australia with my family. Nice trip. The sky was still blue. The grass was still green. The river was still turquoise. But things were just different to what I felt with Tong last year. Surely I was happy to see my parents having a great time anyway. I have not seen them smiling for years, not to say laughing like what they did in Adelaide.

My elder sister was having her university graduation ceremony. She's been in Australia for some 4 years. Sometimes I was sort of jealous. I have always tried my best to be a good duaghter, a good student and a good girl. But what I get was just responsibilities like housework, taking care of my rebellious younger brother and helping in my parents' boutique. I paid my school fee all by my scholarships. It's so unfair. Why spend so much money and effort on them but not me? But gradually I found that I should not be the jealous. It's my luck that I don't need my family's assistance. Anyway, I wish my brothers and sisters all the best. Sincerely.

One day in Australia, my parents talked about a story about me before I was borned. They did not want me. They wanted to have abortion. It was my grandms who asked them to keep me. This is also why my name is so different from my siblings', and that my name is not going into the family tree record. I have heard of this story for many times and it seems to explain why I am so close with my granny, and why I always have a feeling that my parents owe me. Perhaps am just think too much.

Anyway, this Aussie trip was very different from what I had expected. Yes I was happy, for at least I don't need to stay in the office.

I look forward to the next trip. With friends.

No comments: